vrijdag, oktober 05, 2012

2012 is the year of Erwin Thomasse



I'm pretty blessed that I'm surrounded by great artists. One of them is Erwin Thomasse. He lives and works in Eindhoven. His vision on our crazy world is very particular. I like that. For many years he put a lot of energy in his work. The exhibitions he was part off or initiated by him where always epic and never-to-be-forgotten. I think 2012 is definitely the year of Erwin Thomasse cause he turned 40 years, had several designs by his hand printed on many many yards of Vlisco fabric (the company where he works now), had his first book published and after all he became a proud father of his second child, a boy called Jeppe. I'm proud that I know this big fella and that I have taken a few pictures in the past of his work to show you here right now.






Erwin with his flag on the left page. On the right page the flag of Raw Color. These flags where made for a collab named Greytones and have been exhibited at the Graphic Design Festival in Breda in 2010.
Below the cover of the publication of Greytones.





silkscreen print in my living room 



Work of Erwin Thomasse at Seek Merry Hell at artspace MU Eindhoven

















Order LUST, LIBERTY and TELEPORTATION  here.
Price €10,- ex. shipping. A must have!