donderdag, juli 08, 2010

Beat the heat.

Since I'm here it's pretty darn hot. Yesterday 101 degrees... Not funny for being in a city full of peoples and stones who keep the heat. So that's why I'll beat the heat and find myself an interesting museum or library where I can easily spend a couple of hours. Plenty to choose from. Once while I'm back on the streets again, I might decide to dip in a nice fountain in the Washington Square Park by example.






















This amazing picture I founded in the Brooklyn Public Library. The photographer is James Van Der Zee (June 29, 1886 - May 15, 1983)he was an African American photographer best known for his portraits of black New Yorkers. He was a leading figure in the Harlem Renaissance. Aside from the artistic merits of his work, Van Der Zee produced the most comprehensive documentation of the period.






















Portrait of a chief founded in the Museum of Americain Natives NYC Photographer unknown